Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Galapagos

Since the Islands are really not meant to be inhabited by anything due to
its lack of bare essentials for life such as food and water, conservation is
a big thing on the islands. Thus when i was showering today i thought i
would lend my hand at saving these precious island by cutting off the water
and soaping up sin agua. So i spend a few minutes in silence, coating
myself entirely with a thick lathery mix of the soap and mud from
camping, before attempting to rinse myself back off. Then as my hand
violently shot off the nob when i tried to turn the water back on, a
(non cleansing) wave of fear crashed over my head: I was far too
slippery to get the rusty knob of the shower on, and the only way to
become less slippery was to get the shower on!

Seven full minutos pass by with a big hairy slippery sea lion of a
man, squeaking and sliding across the tub in a fit to get the nob to
turn. My host family started asking, what sounded like, concerned
questiones, before i finally was able to get a tight enough grip on
the knob by using my two elbows as a sort of vice grip.


My brand new still camera broke which is very sad, apparently
water/shock/heat/ice proof doesn't mean sand proof. So i guess you
won't be able to get many cool pictures to see up on the blog for at
least a while.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Must have pictures! Pleeeeeeease buy a disposable camera in Quito. Anything is better than nothing. Thanks, Everybody.

Unknown said...

That's so sad that your camera broke. Poor buttons.

HomeBeer said...

WARRANTY THE SHIT OUT OF THAT THING.

THEY GOT WALMARTS IN TURTLE LAND YOU CAN GET A CAMERA FROM