Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas: Earth Poetry Jam

I had my kids make poems about the earth as part of their final project in the Recycle, Reduce, Reuse, Replace lesson (yeah china tacks on this weird meaningless concept of replace).
I taught them about the concept of rhyming (though not very well apparently), and had them go at it.
Most kids tended to just scribble something like:

I put trash in the bin,
I am the win

or

Throw away the rubbish in the rubbish bin,
The earth rubbish bin.

Some kids managed to pull off some coherent work:

Be nice, don't be mean,
Help us keep our city clean.

If we help to keep our city clean,
it will become healthy and green

but most of the decent ones just latched onto the fact that mean, green, and clean rhymed.

Then there were a few gems:

The earth need clean,
TAKE A BATH EARTH!

I like english,
we'll get up earlier
because time is very good, good.

We should keep the earth clean,
If we all have teeth,
I have a tooth,
Im soo happy

Thanks for all the emails and replies and boxes of wonderful goods!
Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: